This is a flat panel product manufactured from basalt volcanic rock which is melted using extremely high temperatures and spun to produce a wool-like (rock fibre) material. This material is then compressed with a small quantity of organic binding agent to produce a lightweight panel. The surface of the panels are specially treated to provide a wide range of aesthetically pleasing colours.
Material Properties & Characteristics
Panels are weather resistant and can cope with extreme climatic conditions;
Material is dimensionally stable and its properties are not affected due to rapid fluctuations temperature and humidity;
The surface colour and core is resistant to UV / Sun Light and air pollution;
- Cladding Panels are not susceptible to mould or rot;
- Core material is brown. Movement Joints / shadow gaps between panels appear black to the eye;
- Material can easly be cut and worked on site;
- Dependent on application panels can be modestly curved;
- Panels are durable and easy to maintain.
Methods of Fixing
- Face fixed – Using colour coded / polyester powder coated screws;
- Cladding panels can be fixed back to / supported on either a treated timber or a metal sub-frame.
Finish & Colours
- Choose from a wide range of standard colours including metallics and woodgrain. Special colours can be produced if the panels are ordered in large quantities. For more detailed information and to visit the Rockpanel website [click here]
Panel Size and thickness
Rockclad can be purchased in the following sheet size from which smaller panels can then be cut (on or off site) to suit the required cladding design layout / pattern;
Standard Sheet Size; 3050mm X1200mm.